International Users be aware that your Personal Information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including Canada, where laws regarding processing of Personal Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By using the Site and Services you agree to such processing.
Information that you provide to us:
- Registration. When you register to become an Authorized User and open an Account on Shapedscape, we collect your name, e-mail address and a password.
- Content. We collect the images and descriptions you provide when you submit content to us, for example, a project, event, competition, jobs.
- Purchases. If you choose to make purchases through our Site and/or Services, for example advertising space, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, and billing information.
- Comments. When you post comments on our Site, the information contained in your comment will be stored on our servers or the servers of third parties working on our behalf.
- Feedback. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- Other information. We may also collect Personal Information in other ways within the Site or Services, where we state that Personal Information is being collected. For example, we may collect Personal Information as part of a competitions, sweepstakes, contest or survey.
Information collected via technology.
- Browser Information. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information from you, including your browser type, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), search terms, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
How we use your Personal Information
- General Use. In general, Personal Information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We may use your Personal Information in the following ways:
* to provide the Services to you;
* to direct certain content and advertisements to you so that you are more likely to see content and advertisements that are relevant to you;
* to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on Shapedscape;
* to identify you as a user in our system;
* to provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
* to notify visitors about updates to our Site and Services;
* to improve and customize the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
* to send you a welcome e-mail and to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
* to send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
* to respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
* to engage with or contact inactive users of the Services;
* to send offers and promotional materials related to our Services and those of third parties for marketing and other purposes.
- Creation of Anonymous Information. We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that make the Information personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Information to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Information to third parties at our sole discretion.
Disclosure of your Personal Information.
- Content. When you submit content to Shapedscape, for example a project, this content and the name of the User who submitted it is made publicly available within the Site and Services, we do not make your mailing address, publicly available unless you expressly make it available in the content you submit. In addition, you may make comments or post material in other public areas of the Site and/or Services. Once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, please be aware that the information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your projects or comments, so please be thoughtful about the information you make publicly available within the Services. Once information is posted publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it within the Services, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third party service providers to assist us in providing you the Services or otherwise operating our business, including to: host our servers, conduct quality assurance testing; facilitate creation of accounts; provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to us.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information. Newsletters and email. We will periodically send you newsletters and e-mails that promote the use of our Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to "opt-out" by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive, by terminating your Account or by contacting us directly. Even if you opt out of receiving marketing related messages, we will continue to send messages regarding the administration of the Services.
Changes to Personal Information. You may request deletion of your Personal Information by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). Additionally, it is important to note that system-recorded personal information is not editable. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.
Security of Your Personal Information. Shapedscape is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. However no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while Shapedscape uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, Shapedscape cannot guarantee its absolute security.