Glad you dropped by to chat
Shapedscape is firmly committed to create a comfortable, open space for conversation on our website as well as our social media properties.
The following outlines our Comment Policy, which is designed to ensure that all conversations on our digital platforms are constructive and respectful in tone, while also providing the maximum possible transparency. By posting a comment on any of our platforms you agree to all of these guidelines and understand that your comments will be subject to moderation as outlined herein.
If you have any questions about this Comment Policy or how we apply it, please contact us.
Overview / Summary
Shapedscape editors moderate all comments across the website prior to publishing and reserve the rights to approve, delete, edit or block messages that do not comply with our Comment Policy. Shapedscape deletes all spam and track-backs. Do not resubmit if your comment does not appear immediately.
The views expressed in comments reflect those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Shapedscape or its moderators. Shapedscape or its moderators assume no responsibility for such content.
If you want to address any questions to Shapedscape, please use the Contact form to do so, rather than posting in the comment section.
1. Comment moderation
Shapedscape editors review/moderate all comments posted on our website before they are published. Shapedscape expects that contributors will treat each other, authors, any third parties referenced, and employees and agents of Shapedscape with consideration, and that contributors will always express their opinions in language that is respectful to others. Shapedscape reserves the right to refrain from publishing any comment which hinders rather than encourages respectful conversation, and to permanently ban any user whose comments are consistently deemed inappropriate. If your comment does not comply with this Comment Policy, it will not be considered as an entry in any promotional giveaways or contests. Posting comments to or otherwise using this website, you warrant and represent to Shapedscape that you are posting materials that you own and that do no infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of others, if your comment is a reference to such content make sure to clearly state that. Be aware that anything you posted, disclosed or sent in to Shapedscape can be reproduced, published, disclosed, transmitted, broadcasted. You grant Shapedscape the licenses necessary to use any ideas, concepts, techniques that you post, send or disclose. Shapedscape does not publish every comment and our editors use their discretion and reserve the rights to approve, delete, edit or block messages that do not comply with our Comment Policy. Shapedscape deletes all spam and track-backs. Do not resubmit if your comment does not appear immediately.
2. Prohibited comments
Shapedscape will not publish any submitted comment if we, at our discretion, determine it consists or includes the following, but not limited to:
- any copyright infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libellous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, promotes hate of any kind, or otherwise violate any law;
- any manner of ad-hominem attacks or targeting of the author(s) or editor(s) of a post, people featured in a post, name mentioned, or other commentators rather than the substance of their opinions;
- any manner of personal attack on any third party;
- any material that is deemed to spam;
- any comment that is blatantly off topic, does not pertain to the post to which it is appended, is of poor quality of writing or is submitted multiple times;
- any indication that it may have been submitted with the intention of undermining the integrity or breaching the technical operations of the Shapedscape website, or that gives any indication of being produced by an automated system rather than submitted by a person;
- html or its equivalent, especially if there is any indication that the included coding may harm or introduce a virus into the Shapedscape website;
- excessive use of foul language;
- any logos or trademarks other than those related to Shapedscape;
- any comment that is expressed in any other language but the official language of the Shapedscape website, English;
3. References to third parties
4. Editing of comments
Shapedscape will not edit or modify submitted comments in any way, neither grammar, spelling, or substance. If and when a comment is approved by Shapedscape it will be published precisely, as submitted by the commentator, without any alterations. Exception are the links to third parties which may be removed if deemed inappropriate by Shapedscape.
5. Copyright of comments
Comment copyright remains with the author of the specific comment. By submitting a comment to Shapedscape and our owned digital properties you agree to hold Shapedscape, its editors, employees, agents, and representatives, free from implication in or responsability for any and all repercussions, damages, or liability that may result from your comment.
6. Use of comments
Any comments submitted, posted, disclosed or sent in to Shapedscape can be reproduced, published, disclosed, transmitted, broadcasted. You grant Shapedscape the licenses necessary to use, at its discretion, any ideas, concepts, techniques that you post, send or disclose.
7. Comment timeliness
Shapedscape editors make efforts to review submitted comments as soon as possible. However Shapedscape can not guarantee that every comment will be reviewed immediately. On occasion there may be delays between the time a comment is submitted and when (if approved) it is published on the website. Please be patient if your comment is not being published immediately, and do not resubmit it multiple times.
8. Permission to comment
Shapedscape may, on occasion, deem that a certain post is closed to comment, either at the time it is published or at any point thereafter. If comments are closed, or not accessible on a particular post, please do not attempt to leave a comment regarding that subject on a different post, such comment will be deemed irrelevant and will not be published. If you must, contact Shapedscape directly.
9. Authority over comments
Authority of which comments are approved for publication rests solely with Shapedscape.
10. Blocked/banned commentators
Shapedscape reserves the right to block/ban a commentator from posting on our website or owned digital properties, it may a decision taken by our editors or our spam filters. It may occur in the event of (repeatedly) submitting comments that counter our policy (see 2), at our sole discretion, resulting in your email or IP address being blocked from submitting comments on our website.
11. Updates to this Comment Policy
Shapedscape reserves the rights to make changes to this comment policy at any time. In the event of material changes to this comment policy, a notice and the updated version will be posted here. We encourage you to check this page regularly since your continued use of this website following any changes to this comment policy will be deemed to constitute your acceptance of such change(s).